Independent dispute resolution for companies self-certifying to the EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (EU-U.S DPF),
the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF,
and the Swiss-U.S. Data Privacy Framework
Does Your Company Work in the UK or Europe?
Consider Joining The Insights Association Data Privacy Framework (DPF) Services Program
The EU-U.S. DPF, UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and Swiss-U.S. DPF were respectively designed to enable U.S. businesses to receive and process personal data from EU member countries, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland after self-certifying compliance with the participation requirements of those mechanisms, including adherence to the protections set out in the DPF Principles. A company's self-certification of compliance through the U.S. Department of Commerce and appearance on the public Data Privacy Framework List maintained by the Department demonstrates to European organizations and consumers a serious commitment on the part of the company to protect personal information in accordance with a set of privacy principles that offer meaningful privacy protections and recourse for EU, UK, and Swiss individuals.
While joining the Department’s DPF Program is voluntary, once an eligible company self-certifies its compliance and makes the public commitment to adhere to the DPF Principles, the commitment will become enforceable under U.S. law. Research and data analytics companies that participate in the Department’s DPF Program are obligated to protect the personal data of Europeans received under the relevant part(s) of the DPF Program.
The Insights Association is here to offer our member companies guidance they need to understand and meet participation requirements of the Department’s DPF Program .
"Participation in the DPF provides an additional measure of assurance that we are able to comply with personal data transfer requirements of the EU and Switzerland. Additionally, it enables us to better indicate that our policies and procedures for data transfer from the EU to the US are in compliance with the changes to the EU data privacy regulations. I’m very pleased to have the help that the Insights Association has provided. The benefits, especially for a smaller research organization, are significant."
- Rich Berke, Vice President of Finance and Legal Affairs, HCD Research, Inc.
You should explore this program if your company:
- Operates in the European Union, the United Kingdom and/or Switzerland and/or collects EU/UK/Swiss customer data
- Processes EU/UK/Swiss data in the United States for a business partner that adheres to the DPF Principles
- Handles the personal data of EU/UK/Swiss individuals
The Insights Association DPF Services Program offers:
- Comprehensive regulatory and compliance support to members self-certifying to the EU-U.S. DPF and, as applicable, the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and/or the Swiss-U.S. DPF
- Dispute resolution facilitated by the International Centre for Dispute Resolution/American Arbitration Association (ICDR/AAA)
- Guidance through the registration and self-certification process with the U.S. Department of Commerce
By participating in the Insights Association DPF Services Program your company:
Complies with the third-party dispute resolution requirements of the EU-U.S. DPF, the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and the Swiss-U.S. DPF as relates to personal data other than employee data
Demonstrates to business partners your commitment to protecting the data of EU, UK, and Swiss individuals
Builds trust with clients and with research participants.
Why should your company choose to participate in the Insights Association DPF Services Program?
- The Insights Association knows your business
- The Insights Association is always available to provide guidance to our members
- The Insights Association supports your understanding and implementation of the self-certification process under the U.S. Department of Commerce’s DPF Program
- Independent complaint handling by the International Centre for Dispute Resolution/American Arbitration Association (ICDR/AAA)
Enrollment in the Insights Association DPF Services Program is open ONLY to company and corporate research department members.
If you’re unsure if your organization is a company or corporate research department member, check here.
If you are an individual member and would like to convert to company or corporate research department membership in order to enroll in this program, please contact Nicole Symelidis.
Please contact Juliana Wood, Director of Certifications, with any questions.