Getting business done through remote meetings.
Designed for anyone who leads or participates in virtual meetings, presentations, webinars, and remote training sessions.
In this session, we’ll discuss the fact that both meeting facilitators and attendees share a responsibility for making virtual meetings as effective and efficient as possible.
This is more than advice such as “show up on time and turn off your email.” For meeting facilitators, this is about creating and maintaining the conditions for a fruitful conversation to take place. For meeting attendees, this is about maintaining engagement and contributing fully.
During the session, we’ll discuss how to be the type of communicator others want to work with. This includes examining how to:
- Create the conditions for a fruitful exchange of ideas
- Establish trust and goodwill
- Provide relevance and context, so everyone understands what is to be accomplished
- Control the meeting and encourage participation
- Facilitate discussions
- Be fully present and engaged
- Listen, probe, and contribute
- Think on your feet
- Use virtual tools and technology, including video, for maximum engagement
- Get the business of the meeting done effectively and efficiently
Takeaways from this session include two tools: “Ground Rules for Effective Meetings,” which you can use to set team expectations, and Turpin’s “Framing Strategy Worksheet” to help you lay the foundation for every meeting you have.
Sign up for this webinar, or the entire series! Choose Member/Non Member for Registration Options