Together, we protect our profession.
The Insights Association has accomplished much during the past several months and many new initiatives are underway. Here are just a few brief highlights of what we’ve done, thanks to the support of our members, to protect and promote the market research and data analytics industry:
- We helped write and enact a new law fixing California's 2020 minimum wage law for California research subjects who receive incentives.
- We helped secure dozens of amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), improving the chances our industry will be able to comply with this sweeping law – which went into effect on January 1, 2020
- We assisted in procuring a $1 billion funding increase for the 2020 Census and defeated a proposed citizenship question that would have diminished the accuracy of our industry's most vital data backbone.
- As a founding member of the Privacy for America Coalition, IA is working with leaders in Washington to forge a federal data privacy law that will not impede our work, and critically, that will eliminate the impossibly complex requirement of complying with dozens of individual state laws.
- Revised in 2019 with 130+ updates and improvements, IA's Code of Standards and Ethics for Marketing Research and Data Analytics presents the fundamental, overarching principles of ethics and professionalism for the industry and helps ensure vital protection for data subjects while establishing a needed platform for self-regulation.
- We announced a revision and expansion of the association's individual certification program previously known as PRC. To be rolled out in 2020, the Insights Professional Certification (IPC) program reflects new methodologies, techniques and technology. There will be multiple pathways towards certification at different levels and specialties – accomplished with unprecedented coordination and support of the industry's leading education providers.
With a new CEO and larger membership, more engaged Chapters, expanded partnerships, future-focused education and certification programs, as well as a commitment to connect with innovative companies and leaders operating in complementary sectors, 2020 will be a landmark year for our association.
To our members, thank you for making it all possible with your continued commitment to your profession and our community.
For those who have yet to join, we encourage you to do so now. IA works for all companies, corporate departments and sole practitioners working within the insights community. It cannot be taken for granted that the crucial tasks of elevating the role of insights, advancing reputable standards and most importantly advocating on our behalf against potentially crippling regulation will magically get done. It requires backing from each and every one of us.
Stand with us in the name of integrity and vitality for marketing research, data analytics and insights!