Thursday, January 28th, 2021
4:00-5:30pm EST (90 minutes)
Join your research friends virtually on Zoom in a light-hearted yet meaningful conversation about learnings from 2020 and setting yourself up for success in this coming year.
*Why not "give back" while having fun? The GLC always tries to incorporate a philanthropic element to our Winter Conference, and since we won't be having one this year, we'd love to still give back and make it possible for our members to take part. We will be doing a LIVE DONATION during this event. Anyone who donates to the charity using our donation link during the live event will be entered into a drawing to "Split the Pot". At the conclusion of the event, we will randomly pick one winner. The winner will receive half of the money raised and the remaining half will be donated to the GLC's selected charity, National Alliance to End Homelessness.*
- Welcome! This year's incoming GLC President, Jason Monahan, will share the latest updates from our chapter and our plans for 2021.
- Live donations begin.
- Each attendee will be randomly assigned a breakout room.
- Attendees will shuffle through four different breakout rooms, each assigned with a GLC board member moderator and specific topics. This will provide an opportunity for you to connect with your fellow research colleagues on topics surrounding:
- Overcoming the Challenges of 2020: How did you cope with uncertainty? Did you learn or discover anything new?
- Silver Linings of 2020: Did your business or way of working unexpectedly change in a positive way? What will you carry into 2021?
- Setting and Achieving your Goals (personal and professional): What are your best tips for setting realistic goals? How do you hold yourself accountable, or plan to this year?
- Supporting the Research Community in 2021: How can the GLC best serve you this year? What support do you need from the research community?
- Moderators will share a recap and highlights from the conversations
- Close and announce the "Split the Pot" winner and amount of money raised.
We hope to see you virtually on January 28th! We are looking forward to learning from one another and reconnecting as the year kicks off.