As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak continues to unfold, the Insights Association stands ready to be a resource to help you and your business.
If your work has been or is in danger of being impacted from this situation, IA may be able to connect you with backup or supplemental market research / data analytics resources. Please contact us. We also are a conduit to peers in leadership positions throughout the industry and can facilitate discussions on contingency planning and crisis management.
Virtual Town Halls:
In Place, On Edge: Consumers & The COVID-19 Crisis, April 3. Featured presenters: Ugwal Arkalgud, MotiveBase; Will Leach, Triggerpoint; Jackie Lorch, Dynata; Chris Jackson, Ipsos; Michelle Gansle, Mars; Melanie Courtright, Insights Association (Moderator). Access Recording Here. A written transcript is available here.
The Economy: Working Through the COVID-19 Uncertainty, March 27. Featured presenters: Ed Whitelaw, Professor Emeritus of Economics, University of Oregon; Kristin Luck, Founder & Managing Partner, ScaleHouse; Tyler McMullen, President, MarketVision Research; Melanie Courtright, CEO, Insights Association (Moderator) Access Recording Here. A written transcript is available here.
COVID-19: Legal & Practical Implications for Insights, March 20. Featured presenters: Diane Surette, CEO, Burke; Anne Beall, CEO, Beall Research; Russ Anderson & Jon Orleans, attorneys at Pullman & Comley. Access Recording Here. A written transcript is available here.
Managing The Coronavirus Outbreak, March 13. Featured presenters: Renowned crisis management expert Alan Hilburg, Howard Schlesinger, EVP, Legal at Schlesinger Group, and Isaac Rogers, CEO of 20/20 Research. Access Recording Here. A written transcript is available here.
IA COVID-19 Member Survey Reports
Understanding the ripple effect this pandemic is having on the insights and data analytics industry and its partnerships.
MREF Launches COVID-19 Relief Campaign
The Market Research Education Foundation (MREF) has launched an industry-wide $100K campaign to support individuals across North America who are facing hunger and food insecurity during the current health crisis. This effort will support food banks, pantries and school meal programs through Feeding America and Foodbanks Canada. Learn More
With the situation evolving rapidly, it is essential for business leaders to become knowledgeable and remain informed. Timely, effective communication with employees, clients, suppliers, etc. is critical. Following are several respected sources for the latest information.
- From IA: CARES Act Makes It Easier to Take Distributions and Loans from Retirement Accounts
- From IA: Resources for Insights Businesses in Canada Facing the Coronavirus Economic Crisis
- From IA: Improving Access to Federal Assistance for Equity-Funded Small Businesses in the Insights Industry
- From IA: CARES Act: The New Paycheck Protection Program Loans for Small Businesses
- From IA: CARES Act: SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program and Emergency Economic Injury Grants
- From IA: U.S. Insights Industry Appeals to Federal Government for Help During COVID-19 Crisis
- Guidance from the U.S. Department of Labor on the new FFCRA Expanded Family and Medical Leave Requirements for Employers and Employees, with related Q&A. There's also a poster to explain it to your employees.
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers from the U.S. Small Business Administration
- Employee Rights Under The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (U.S. Dept. of Labor)
- New: The Virginia 30 Day Fund provides local small businesses $3k forgiveable loans
- New: Facebook's Small Business Grants Program
- New: Coronavirus Relief Resources for U.S. Business Owners (from UBS)
- New: Google resources "to help your small business manage through uncertainty"
- New: Northern Virginia rapid response state funding for small businesses for "layoff averson"
- New: Maryland state emergency relief grants and loans
- From IA: With a state of emergency being called in many jurisdictions across the United States, does that mean you can't make telephone research calls?
- From IA: Evaluating How the COVID-19 Pandemic May Impact Your Customer and Vendor Contracts
- From IA: Lawyers provide some practical pointers to help you and your business/organization prepare, as employers, for “Coronavirus Disease 2019” (COVID-19).
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Travel information and alerts
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Interim guidance for businesses and employers
- World Health Organization - Advice for the public
- World Health Organization - Planning recommendations for mass gatherings
- Johns Hopkins University - Live COVID-19 case tracker
- Harvard Medical School - COVID-19 medical resource center
- The Small Business Administration (SBA) Economic Injury Disaster Loan program
- SBA's local resources to counsel, mentor and train small businesses
- More resources from SBA during the coronavirus crisis
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Resources
- Inc. Article about Aid to Small Businesses
- Analyzing COVID-19 with BigQuery
Consumer Behavior / Insights-Specific Studies, Commentary & Perspectives
- Reuters/Ipsos Coronavirus Poll
- Axios/Ipsos Coronavirus Index
- International Survey on Coronavirus
- Dynata’s Global Trends Report Special Edition: COVID-19
- Keeping the Pulse of the Consumer and COVID-19 (from Engine)
- The COVID-19 Consumer: Updates On Sentiment And Behavior (from RTi Research)
- Gauging Consumers' Emotional Reaction to COVID-19 Messages (from Marketing Brainology)
- Coronavirus Questions: How will it impact market research initiatives? Just Ask…(from Echo Market Research)
- Coronavirus Resource Hub (from Delvinia)
- Social Distancing Taking Root, But Could the Crisis Spur Enduring Changes in Work Culture? (from Shapiro + Raj)
- Consumer Closeness in the Age of Social Distancing (from Rival Technologies)
- Stuck-At-Home Marketing & Sales (from Harpeth Marketing)
- COVID-19 and its Impact on Market Research (from EMI)
- WIRe’s We’re in this Together Resource Page
- Me Over We: Why We Hoard Toilet Paper (from Mona Patel, Motivate Impact)