WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
This Waiver and Release of Liability governs your registration and attendance at any event (each, an “Event”) sponsored, hosted, or otherwise produced by the Great Lakes Chapter of the Insights Association (“Chapter”). By participating in the Event, you hereby acknowledge and agree to the following.
- Only the person attending the Event may complete the registration and sign this Waiver and Release of Liability. No one else may register for the Event, whether in cooperation with or on your behalf, or sign this Waiver and Release of Liability. You are participating in the Event voluntarily and at your own risk, and you take full responsibility for your participation in the Event.
- You understand that while Chapter has undertaken reasonable steps to lessen the risk of the transmission of COVID-19 in connection with the Event, Chapter is not responsible for any risks related to COVID-19 in connection with the Event. You understand that the World Health Organization has classified the COVID-19 outbreak as a pandemic. You further understand that COVID-19 is a highly contagious and dangerous disease, and that contact with the virus that causes COVID-19 may result in significant personal injury or death. You are fully aware that participation in the Event (including any related travel) carries with it certain inherent risks related to COVID-19 transmission (“Inherent Risks”) that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid such risks.
- Further, you understand that the risks of COVID-19 are not fully understood, and that contact with, or transmission of, COVID-19 may result in risks including but not limited to loss, personal injury, sickness, death, damage, and expense, the exact nature of which are not currently ascertainable, and all of which are to be considered Inherent Risks.
- You hereby voluntarily accept and assume all risk of loss, personal injury, sickness, death, damage, and expense arising from such Inherent Risks. You represent and warrant that you do not suffer from any medical condition or disease that might in any way hinder or prevent you from attending the Event, including, to your knowledge, COVID-19.
- You agree to respect basic COVID-19 provision measures while in attendance at the Event, including wearing a mask at all times while indoors, practicing social distancing of at least six (6) feet, and any other reasonable directions or restrictions imposed by Chapter in connection with the Event. You also hereby agree to have your temperature taken prior to your admittance to the Event, if requested by Chapter.
- By registering for and participating in the Event, you hereby fully and forever waive, release, acquit, and discharge Chapter, including its affiliates (including the Insights Association) and each of their managers, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, causes of action, demands, liabilities, damages of any kind, obligations, costs, expenses, and debts, of every kind and nature whatsoever, whether based on statute, tort, contract, common law, or other theory of recovery, which may arise, now or at any time in the future, out of or in connection with your participation in the Event.
This Waiver and Release of Liability contains the complete, full, and exclusive understanding of you and Chapter as to its subject matter and shall supersede any prior agreement regarding such subject matter. Any amendments to this Waiver and Release of Liability shall be effective and binding only if such amendment is in writing and signed by both you and Chapter.
YOU AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE EVENT IS NOT SPONSORED OR NECESSARILY ENDORSED BY THE INSIGHTS ASSOCIATION. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE INSIGHTS ASSOCIATION HAS NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY ASSOCIATED WITH THIS EVENT, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE AND RELEASE THE INSIGHTS ASSOCIATION FROM ANY LIABILITY THEREFOR.
CONTINUING WITH YOUR REGISTRATION YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE ABOVE WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND CONSENT AND AGREE ENTIRELY TO ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS.