This fast-paced session includes three distinct but interrelated presentations:
Frozen in Place? Predicting customer behavior in 2021 and beyond
Many CPG brands have added millions of new households this year – how can they tell how many will stick? This is the big question - and it's important to not only assess consumer & shopper behavior to forecast, but also to identify the opportunities retailers and brands have to INFLUENCE behavior in the quarters ahead. We know WHAT is happening right now, but that still leaves a gap in forecasting. So, psychology (and neuroscience) provide some more durable lenses we can employ in identifying what will drive consumers moving forward.
- The two core mindsets that have emerged among consumers in the U.S. this year
-3 questions brands can ask that will provide 'tells' as to the durability of current behavior
-Ideas for how to win in 2021 with the prevailing mindset of your customers.
- Mary Mathes, Director of Data Insights, Alpha-Diver
Using data to predict what pandemic changes will stick
The COVID-19 Pandemic is an unprecedented event in the modern era. The CPG industry is beginning to see the implications that the new normal is an unstable environment. However, there is hope for research that can more effectively prepare CPG manufacturers to predict shopper and consumer behavior. NAILBITER partnered with RB to uncover an inside look on the shopper experience during the pandemic's hardest months and now there are key indicators in the data that will help precinct what changes are here to stay.
-Observe real shoppers and see how behavior has changed since the start of the pandemic
-Internalize key findings from the behavioral learnings that NAILBITER uncover across in-store, online, and at-home consumer channels
-Leverage these findings to more closely align their decision making and research approach with the way shoppers engage with the aisle in the New Normal
- Amishi Takalkar, Co-Founder, CEO, NAILBITER
Three ways rising consumer fear affects data and insights
New research on consumer fear and anxiety, conducted both before and during the global pandemic, reveals the tremendous impact of current events on the American psyche. We already knew that consumers are operating from a place of insecurity, driven by long-running trends and emerging concerns, but how will rising fear affect the data we collect and the insights we share? Organizations - from market research agencies to brands - must adapt to this reality to maintain authentic, trusting and engaged relationships with consumers.
- Examine original research that compares data on fear-based behaviors both pre- and post-pandemic
- Explore how our current reality is impacting consumer sentiment and behaviors, and what we can all do to keep up
- Uncover the specific factors that are influencing fear and anxiety among certain groups
- Understand the breakdown of traditional demographic divides to a more nuanced audience
- Rebecca Brooks, CEO, Alter Agents