This Waiver and Release of Liability governs your registration and attendance at any event (each, an “Event”) sponsored, hosted, or otherwise produced by the Insights Association (“Insights”). By participating in the Event, you hereby acknowledge and agree to the following.
- Only the person attending the Event may complete the registration and sign this Waiver and Release of Liability. No one else may register for the Event, whether in cooperation with or on your behalf, or sign this Waiver and Release of Liability. You are participating in the Event voluntarily and at your own risk, and you take full responsibility for your participation in the Event.
- You understand that while Insights has undertaken reasonable steps to lessen the risk of the transmission of COVID-19 (and any of its variants, collectively "COVID-19") in connection with the Event, Insights is not responsible for any risks related to COVID-19 in connection with the Event. You understand that the World Health Organization has classified the COVID-19 outbreak as a pandemic. You further understand that COVID-19 is a highly contagious and dangerous disease, and that contact with the virus that causes COVID-19 may result in significant personal injury or death. You are fully aware that participation in the Event (including any related travel) carries with it certain inherent risks related to COVID-19 transmission (“Inherent Risks”) that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid such risks.
- Further, you acknowledge that the risks of COVID-19 are still not fully understood, and that contact with, or transmission of, COVID-19 may result in risks including but not limited to loss, personal injury, sickness, death, damage, and expense, the exact nature of which are not fully ascertainable, and all of which are to be considered Inherent Risks. You also acknowledge and understand that the overall environment is a dynamic one and is subject to changing conditions. Therefore, you will take reasonable steps to stay informed of, and adhere to, CDC, state, and local guidelines.
- You hereby voluntarily accept and assume all risk of loss, personal injury, sickness, death, damage, and expense arising from such Inherent Risks. You represent and warrant that you do not suffer from any medical condition or disease that might in any way hinder or prevent you from attending the Event, including, to your knowledge, COVID-19. You further represent and warrant that if you experience any symptoms generally associated with COVID-19 (including without limitation, cough, respiratory conditions, fever, etc.) within ten (10) days prior to the Event, you agree not to attend the Event.
- You agree to respect basic COVID-19 preventative measures while in attendance at the Event, including wearing a mask at all times while indoors, practicing social distancing of at least six (6) feet, and any other reasonable directions or restrictions imposed by Insights in connection with the Event. You also hereby agree to have your temperature taken prior to your admittance to the Event, if requested by Insights.
- By registering for and participating in the Event, you hereby fully and forever waive, release, acquit, and discharge Insights, including its affiliates and each of their managers, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, causes of action, demands, liabilities, damages of any kind, obligations, costs, expenses, and debts, of every kind and nature whatsoever, whether based on statute, tort, contract, common law, or other theory of recovery, which may arise, now or at any time in the future, out of or in connection with your participation in the Event.
This Waiver and Release of Liability contains the complete, full, and exclusive understanding of you and Insights as to its subject matter and shall supersede any prior agreement regarding such subject matter. Any amendments to this Waiver and Release of Liability shall be effective and binding only if such amendment is in writing and signed by both you and Insights.
BY CONTINUING WITH YOUR REGISTRATION YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE ABOVE WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND CONSENT AND AGREE ENTIRELY TO ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS.