November 17, 2016 (St. Paul, Minn.) – The Qualitative Research Consultants Association (QRCA) continues to lead the conversation in qualitative as it hosts its 31st annual conference, “The Power of Perspective.” The three-day event will take place from January 18 through January 20, 2017, at the JW Marriott Hotel in Los Angeles, Calif. This year, the conference is open to more research professionals than ever before, including corporate qualitative researchers. This conference regularly attracts more than 300 of the very best qualitative research professionals, providing not just a rich opportunity to learn from each other, but also to broaden participants’ network of experts in this growing field.
This premier event will feature groundbreaking plenary sessions and breakout sessions by qualitative research experts from around the globe. They will provide the most in-depth and dynamic approach to industry practices while delivering deeper learning, more insights, and new approaches to qualitative research consultants.
For anyone involved in qualitative research — whether consumer or B2B, online or offline, from exploratory ethnography and human-centered research through to final disaster checks, whether their title is consumer insights, UX, UI or design researcher — this is the one chance each year to truly be immersed in the latest qualitative thinking, approaches and ideas.
The plenary sessions begin on Wednesday with the presentation “Teen Press: A Wild & Precious Perspective on Listening” with John Boettner, CEO of Teen Press, and a few of his teen reporters. The teens will interview one or more conference participants. Friday will feature two plenary sessions, with Benjamin Mathes, founder of Urban Confessional: A Free Listening Project, presenting “Liquor Stores, Cardboard Signs, and Actors: Why Radical Listening Matters.” Anya Zadrozny, founder of the qualitative research firm AnyaZMedia.com, will present “Now What? Ready, Set… Plan of Action!” which will allow attendees to leave Los Angeles with an action plan and proven methods to implement what they have learned over the three-day event.
The breakout sessions scheduled include:
- The Power of Using Agile Market Research to Drive Innovation
- Are You Insta-Cool Enough for Millennials? Reclaiming the Attention of a Distracted Generation
- New Perspective on Technology: Call Me Gumby: Molding 21st Century Tools into Your Genuinely You Offering
- Stylin' & Profilin': Managing Audience Perception Through (Efficient) Communication
- Listening as an Act of Love: What We Can Learn from Others Who Listen and Observe for a Living
- Think You Aren't a Designer? Practical Tips to Give Your Reports More Visual Appeal
- Research Blind Spots: Understanding the Impact of Culture and Literacy Levels
- Signature Phrases a Good Moderator Should Never Say
- 2050: A Qual Odyssey
- The Canary in the Political Coalmine
The sessions will be presented by leading experts, and will bring actionable learning to boost qualitative knowledge and skills.
“The 2017 QRCA conference will be our most innovative and eye-opening event to date,” said Manny Schrager, president of QRCA. “We focus on providing qualitative researchers with the most cutting-edge experts in the industry. There is no better place to keep up with the qualitative research industry and connect with other leading qualitative researchers than the QRCA conference.”
For more information, visit the QRCA 2017 conference webpage.