Everyone talks about innovation, but it’s important to remember that innovation comes with a downside – risk.
The best way to validate the strength of new ideas is to test them right within the consumer's natural habitat: in a store, on the shelf. But such testing can cause serious disruption to your sales organization . . . not to mention tip off your competitors what you're up to.
Our Retail Lab methodology creates flexible and dynamic in-market testing opportunities without disrupting the sales force. Through our in-store learning labs (any channel, any retailer), we can test a wide range of challenges:
- The strength of new items
- The extension of brands into new categories
- Pricing changes
- Altered placement
- Communication strategies
- Competitive dynamics
- And even entry into new channels
Plus, this testing can be 100% blinded so that your closest competitor is not aware you’re doing it. How is this possible? Through our unique methodology, strong retailer relationships and dynamic tactics that include our ownership of GS1- licensed UPC codes.
Come and see how you can better mitigate risk . . . without stifling innovation.
•Avoid the high-risk scenario of many new item launches, where high level investments are used to support new rollouts that have only been previously tested in focus groups or through online methodologies… neither of which can flush out the real-life launch challenges of
- Being noticed on shelf,
- In a real testing environment, with
- Active competitive dynamics.
Retail Labs allow for an opportunity to
- Create a sales story measuring category effects in a test/control scenario,
- Understand incrementality and source of volume dynamics and
- Approach testing in a flexible and dynamic way – testing and learning as you go.
Increase your innovation successes through retail testing & quickly identifying which innovations are worth investing in which ones pose risk.